Tehatta SDPO accused of hitting cop
Days after his house was attacked during mob violence in Nadia district that made him order firing, Tehatta SDPO is now facing charges of assaulting an assistant sub-inspector.
Chandrima Dey, wife of the ASI Kishore Dey, alleged that Kishore was summoned by the SDPO Shailesh on Tuesday and was beaten up after some wards in the guest house located in Krishnanagar, police said.
"The victim's wife has lodged a complaint against the SDPO and investigation is going on," said Nadia SP Sabyasachi Raman Mishra.
The ASI is now under treatment at police hospital. Kishore, posted in Krishnagar Police lines, was in-charge of the Police Line Guest House for some days where the SDPO had put up since the firing incident and attack on his house.
The accused official has refuted the allegations levelled against him.
"Although I met the ASI on Tuesday morning, this type of incident did not happen," Shailesh said.
Police fired several rounds at Tehatta, about 200 kms from Kolkata, on November 14 morning in which one person was killed and three others were injured.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan