Tehelka case: Additional charges invoked on Tejpal, police remand extended
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
In addition to this, some additional charges have been invoked against Tejpal under Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement), 376(2)(f) and 376(C) of the Criminal Law Amendment Act 2013.
The hearing over the extension of police remand of Tejpal began in the court of judicial magistrate Kshama Joshi. As the hearing began, the prosecution sought an extension of eight days, thereby taking the number of days in police remand to 14.
However, the defence countered the demand saying Tejpal had already been interrogated by officials of all ranks, including Dy SP. The defence argued for judicial custody for Tejpal.
Following the argument and the counter-argument, the magistrate ordered an extension of four days.
Meanwhile, the statement of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury was recorded in the court of class 1 judicial magistrate.