Tehelka case: Additional charges invoked on Tejpal, police remand extended
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In addition to this, some additional charges have been invoked against Tejpal under Sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement), 376(2)(f) and 376(C) of the Criminal Law Amendment Act 2013.
The hearing over the extension of police remand of Tejpal began in the court of judicial magistrate Kshama Joshi. As the hearing began, the prosecution sought an extension of eight days, thereby taking the number of days in police remand to 14.
However, the defence countered the demand saying Tejpal had already been interrogated by officials of all ranks, including Dy SP. The defence argued for judicial custody for Tejpal.
Following the argument and the counter-argument, the magistrate ordered an extension of four days.
Meanwhile, the statement of former Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury was recorded in the court of class 1 judicial magistrate.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express