Goa Police issue flight alert on Tejpal after recording victim's statement
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Uma Bharti says Robert Vadra will be in jail if NDA comes to power
A team of Goa police landed in Mumbai on Tuesday to record the statement of the woman journalist, who has accused Tehelka magazine editor Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her.
"The victim's statement is being officially recorded by the Goa police crime branch," said OP Mishra, DIG, Goa. "Goa police issued an immigration check post alert against Tarun Tejpal as a precautionary measure as he is a wanted accused in a rape case," he added.
The woman, who was contacted by the investigating officer over phone on Monday, had shown willingness to co-operate in the case.
The woman had told the investigating officer that she delayed in filing a case against Tejpal as "he is a high profile person."
She had also resigned from the magazine to be "free from any kind of pressure."
Goa police had on November 22 lodged an FIR against Tejpal under IPC sections 376 (rape), 376 (2)(k) (rape by a person of a woman in his custody taking advantage of his official position) and 354 (outraging modesty) in connection with the incident.
(With PTI inputs)
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota