Tehelka case: Victim's three colleagues depose before court
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: FIR lodged against Ajit Pawar for threatening villagers to vote for Sule
The three colleagues of victim woman, who was allegedly sexually harassed by Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal on Friday deposed before the Chief Judicial Magistrate.
All the three witnesses, who had arrived in Goa on Thursday, came to the court at 11 AM on Friday.
"All the three deposed separately before of the magistrate. Their statement was being recorded the entire day," a senior crime branch officer said.
Meanwhile, Tehelka managing editor Shoma Chaudhury's statement would be recorded by the magistrate on Saturday.
Crime branch officials, who are currently interrogating Tejpal, will produce him before the court on Saturday as his six-day long custody ends.
A senior official said that they would seek another eight days of remand as the interrogation is yet to complete.
Tejpal is yet to be taken to the hotel, where the alleged incident had taken place during the Tehelka ThinkFest event about a month ago, he said.
The accused, he stated, has been spending most of the time getting medically tested, leaving hardly any time for the investigating agency to interrogate him.