Shoma Chaudhury issued summons to testify in Tehelka sexual assault case
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Former managing editor of Tehelka Shoma Chaudhury was issued summons to record her statement in the Tehelka sexual assault case. The date however has not been fixed.
Earlier, Tehelka founder and former editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused by a female colleague of sexually assaulting her, was taken for a second round of medical examination. Later he will be brought to the Institute of Psychiatry and Mental Health.
Tejpal has been arrested by the Goa police after the girl claimed in an email to former managing editor Shoma Chaudhury that she was sexually assaulted during the Think fest of the magazine in Goa. Taking suo moto cognizance of the report the Goa police had filed an FIR.
Later a Goa court had rejected Tejpal's anticipatory bail application and subsequently he was arrested by the police. He was remanded in six days police custody on Sunday.
Tejpal's medical examination was earlier conducted on December 2 at the Goa Medical College and Hospital. Various tests, including potency examination, was conducted on him.
Meanwhile, a court rejected Tejpal's application for a fan in his prison cell.