Tehelka sexual assault case: NCW seeks protection for woman journalist
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The National Commission for Women has approached Mumbai police seeking protection for the Tehelka woman journalist who has accused its editor Tarun Tejpal of sexual assault and claimed that her family was being pressurised to protect him.
The request seeking protection was made Saturday after the victim made a statement suggesting she and her family were being intimidated and pressurised to "protect" Tejpal.
According to a senior crime branch official, a member of the commission (NCW) approached Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Himanshu Roy Saturday night and requested him to provide protection to the victim who, as per her complaint letter, shifted to Mumbai over a year ago.
"We have assured that if the victim expresses any apprehension, we are ready to provide adequate protection," official said.
The victim, in her statement released Saturday, had also requested all persons connected to Tejpal and his associates to refrain from approaching her or her family members.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi