Tehsildar can execute power of attorney: Police to court
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In a reply filed by police on Tuesday in the application moved by the Doon MLA from Himachal Pradesh, Ram Kumar Chaudhary, before a local court here seeking the execution of power of attorney in favour of his wife, it has been revealed that the local sub registrar of Ambala is competent enough to get it done.
The police said through the reply that till the time Ram Kumar Chaudhary is lodged at District Jail, Ambala the local Tehsildar, who also officiates as a sub registrar, can get the power of attorney executed.
They said that the local sub registrar can visit the prison to get the warrant executed. The case has been listed for hearing on Thursday, said Amandeep Bindra, the counsel for the accused.
Chaudhary had earlier moved the court seeking the execution of the power of attorney in favour of his wife, citing the reason as the fact that since he is lodged in Ambala prison, his business may suffer if he fails to execute the power of attorney in favour of his wife. The court had earlier asked the Investigating Officer (IO) to file the reply in the case on inquiry from the local Tehsildar.
The prison authorities had earlier turned down the request by the Doon MLA seeking permission that he may be taken to Baddi for getting the power of attorney executed.
The permission was denied on the grounds that this may provide a chance to the MLA to flee from the custody of the police while he is taken to Baddi. Chaudhary, who is involved in the murder case of Jyoti Kumari, has been accused by the police of remaining in touch with the girl and his cell phone was tracked to the same area in which the girl was found murdered.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express