Telangana: Chiranjeevi writes to Sonia, seeks acceptance of his resignation as minister
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi has now written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, seeking the acceptance of his resignation as Union Tourism Minister over the issue of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for the creation of Telangana.
According to reports, Chiranjeevi has defied the protocol by writing directly to Sonia Gandhi instead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Chiranjeevi, who has already made his anti-Telangana stand clear, has written in his letter that he is "pained with the sequence of events in the process of bifurcation" of Andhra Pradesh. He further alleged that the aspirations of people hailing from Seemandhra region have not been considered.
This move comes over two months after the actor-turned-politician had sent his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through a fax.
The united-Andhra supporters have often demanded that Chiranjeevi quit his post to mount pressure on the Congress leadership towards halting the division of Andhra Pradesh.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties