Telangana: Chiranjeevi writes to Sonia, seeks acceptance of his resignation as minister
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Glen Maxwell plays another blinder, leads KXIP to stunning win
Actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi has now written to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, seeking the acceptance of his resignation as Union Tourism Minister over the issue of bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh for the creation of Telangana.
According to reports, Chiranjeevi has defied the protocol by writing directly to Sonia Gandhi instead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Chiranjeevi, who has already made his anti-Telangana stand clear, has written in his letter that he is "pained with the sequence of events in the process of bifurcation" of Andhra Pradesh. He further alleged that the aspirations of people hailing from Seemandhra region have not been considered.
This move comes over two months after the actor-turned-politician had sent his resignation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh through a fax.
The united-Andhra supporters have often demanded that Chiranjeevi quit his post to mount pressure on the Congress leadership towards halting the division of Andhra Pradesh.