Telangana Congress MLAs to seek early decision on statehood
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Stepping up their efforts for A separate Telangana, ruling Congress MLAs from the region would soon write a letter to the party high command to take an early and favourable decision on the issue.
Several Telangana Congress MLAs, who met here today, also appealed to the youth of the region not to commit suicides in support of the statehood demand.
"We are ready for any sacrifice for the sake of Telangana. We appeal to the youth not to make their parents face the agony of losing children," Congress Chief Whip in the
Assembly G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters.
He said the Telangana Congress MLAs would continue their efforts to realise the long-pending statehood demand.
The Congress leadership and the Centre have recently said further consultations are needed to find a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.