Telangana Congress MLAs to seek early decision on statehood
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
Stepping up their efforts for A separate Telangana, ruling Congress MLAs from the region would soon write a letter to the party high command to take an early and favourable decision on the issue.
Several Telangana Congress MLAs, who met here today, also appealed to the youth of the region not to commit suicides in support of the statehood demand.
"We are ready for any sacrifice for the sake of Telangana. We appeal to the youth not to make their parents face the agony of losing children," Congress Chief Whip in the
Assembly G Venkata Ramana Reddy told reporters.
He said the Telangana Congress MLAs would continue their efforts to realise the long-pending statehood demand.
The Congress leadership and the Centre have recently said further consultations are needed to find a solution to the contentious Telangana issue.