Telangana echo in Bengal hills
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
However, it is she who may have precipitated the crisis too, rushing off to Darjeeling on an impromptu trip in end-January and again raising the issue at a public rally. Mamata's threat —"I can be rough and tough" — may not have been the best message under the circumstances. Either ways, Gurung and his team seem headed for a fresh round of agitation in the hills.
Subrata is editor, Kolkata, email@example.com