Telangana issue: Andhra CM meets Sonia Gandhi
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Amid mounting pressure from pro-Telangana groups for an early decision on the statehood issue, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday met Congress president Sonia Gandhi and discussed the matter.
Reddy, who arrived in the national capital in the early hours, had an hour-long meeting with AICC general secretary in-charge of the state Ghulam Nabi Azad soon after his arrival.
He then drove to the residence of Gandhi where her political secretary Ahmed Patel also joined in.The meeting is underway.
Party spokesperson P C Chacko had said on January 30 that Congress is not against the formation of Telangana but it needs time to complete the formalities. He signalled that the process has been put on the fast track.
"Congress is not against the formation of Telangana state. We are in the process of taking a decision but then formalities have to be completed," Chacko said.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2