Telangana issue: Andhra CM meets Sonia Gandhi
- Wanted gangster Chhota Rajan arrested in Indonesia, confirms Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- At least 180 dead as 7.5 magnitude earthquake rocks southeast Asia
- BJP government is Congress plus a cow, never seen a weaker PMO, says Arun Shourie
- Geeta couldn't recognise family, DNA test to be conducted: Sushma Swaraj
- After earthquake, Delhi govt activates disaster management teams
Amid mounting pressure from pro-Telangana groups for an early decision on the statehood issue, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday met Congress president Sonia Gandhi and discussed the matter.
Reddy, who arrived in the national capital in the early hours, had an hour-long meeting with AICC general secretary in-charge of the state Ghulam Nabi Azad soon after his arrival.
He then drove to the residence of Gandhi where her political secretary Ahmed Patel also joined in.The meeting is underway.
Party spokesperson P C Chacko had said on January 30 that Congress is not against the formation of Telangana but it needs time to complete the formalities. He signalled that the process has been put on the fast track.
"Congress is not against the formation of Telangana state. We are in the process of taking a decision but then formalities have to be completed," Chacko said.
- In search of the enemy- the minority Shias of Bangladesh
- A vein of discontent is giving rise to armed militancy
- Raja-Mandala: India-Africa summit gives PM opportunity to extend our security engagement
- Unrealistic economic policymaking ambition and incremental reforms can be self-fulfilling prophecies
- Nutrition for kids and what we should do about it
- NJAC expresses the will of 125 crore Indians