Telangana Rashtra Samiti charges MIM MLA Pasha Quadri of objectionable remarks on Mahatma Gandhi statue
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
The city unit of Telangana Rashtra Samiti submitted a representation seeking action against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi's statue in the state Assembly premises.
A delegation led by party leader P Laxman submitted the memorandum to Chhatrinaka Police station in Old City and sought examination of the video in which the Charminar legislator has allegedly made the remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently.
"The reported remarks cause insult to the father of the nation", the memorandum said.
Chhatrinka Police confirmed that they have received the representation in which TRS requested examination of the footage of the meeting in Jagtiyal.
"We will collect the video of the speech from Jagtiyal and examine it and initiate appropriate action after taking the legal opinion. So far no case has been registered against Quadri", a police officer said.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju had also filed a police complaint against Quadri on Friday.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".