Telangana supporters oppose 'Rayala-Telangana' proposal
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
Telangana supporters, including the BJP, Sunday voiced opposition to the reported proposal of forming 'Rayala-Telangana' state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The proposal envisages clubbing two out of total four districts of Rayalaseema region -- Anantapur and Kurnool -to the Telangana region. Some Congress leaders from the two districts have come up with this plan.
The two districts of Rayalaseema will have better chances for welfare and prosperity if they are attached to Telangana
as it would address some of the problems involved in division like sharing water resources, according to some senior Congress leaders.
Accessibility to Hyderabad, which will be part of Telangana, would provide better opportunities to youths from the two districts, they said.
The proposal of Rayala-Telangana came into circulation following media reports that the option is being considered by the Centre.
"We want only Telangana comprising 10 districts (of present AP) and Hyderabad. We will oppose Rayala-Telangana," M Kodandaram and other Telangana protagonists said.
BJP's state unit president G Kishan Reddy has said his party might not support Rayala-Telangana though it is fully in support of the separate Telangana demand. PTI