Harassed by motorist television actress Alefia Kapadia takes to Facebook, posts pictures
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Television actress Alefia Kapadia was harassed by a motorist on a busy road in Mumbai's Dharavi locality on her way home on December 21. She was accompanied by her four-year-old child and a female friend at the time of the incident. The actress who is known for her negative role in television drama series 'Pyaar Ka Dard Hai', took to Facebook to narrate the incident.
"He was driving next to my car making lewd comments, inappropriate remarks and eve-teasing my female friend and me. He kept on doing it whiIst I tried to evade and drive away from him, but in vain. He didn't even care that there was a little toddler with us in the car who got really scared of his stalking. As he went on for a while and I had nowhere to escape in the traffic, I clicked a picture of him and his car to warn him that I will complain against him," she wrote in a long Facebook post.
"He then got his car real close to mine in vengeance and scratched it right from head to tail. Shocked and raged I stopped my car. He then stopped his car real close to mine, blocking my path. He got out of his car and tried to open my car door and started abusing and yelling. All three of us in the car were really scared. I had thankfully locked the doors and managed to drive out of whatever little space I cud get, before the situation got nastier. I called the Mumbai Police Control room to get help, but before any help could arrive , this monster had escaped."
The actress then filed an FIR against the motorist and posted on Facebook: "After facing harassment on the roads of Mumbai on Saturday the 21st of Dec, I have lodged an FIR on 22nd dec 2013 under section 509, 279 and 427, against the criminal in the Shahunagar Police Station."
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage