Drashti Dhami takes home 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 6' trophy
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
Television actress Drasthi Dhami of 'Madhubala' fame, along with choreographer partner Salman Khan claimed the 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6' trophy on September 14.
Drashti, who had been one of the consistent performers of the show, performed in a digitally enhanced act on 'Rangeela Re' for the finale at 'Jhalak'.
Drashti and Salman garnered best of the comments from judges Madhuri Dixit, Remo D'Souza and Karan Johar, and celebrity judge Hrithik Roshan, who was there to promote 'Krrish 3'. The dancing couple also scored a perfect 30 for their finale act.
"I want to thank everyone. My mom, who is not here right now as she is out of town... I love you mommy! I want to thank my friends, Salman's friends, everyone..." she said after winning the show.
Drasthi and Salman were presented the trophy and Rs 50 lakh prize money by Karan Johar and Remo D'souza.The second runner up for the season was Lauren Gotilleb, followed by Shonali and Sumanth. Singer Shaan stood fourth.
'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' judged by dancing diva Madhuri Dixit, filmmaker Karan Johar and choreographer-director Remo D'souza, came to a grand end after 15 weeks.