Telugu actor Uday Kiran cremated
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
Film personalities and a large number of fans today bid a tearful farewell to actor Uday Kiran who was cremated here.
Kiran's body was consigned to flames in the presence of several film personalities and a large number of fans here.
His father V Murthy performed the last rites.
Several top film personalities, including Dasari Narayana Rao, Venkatesh and D Suresh Babu, paid tributes.
The 33-year-old actor, who started out as a heartthrob in 2000, allegedly committed suicide at his flat at Srinagar colony here on Sunday night, apparently after film offers dried up of late, pushing him into mental depression.