Telugu Desam Party suspends yet another MLA
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Express 5: 2012 troop movement report confirmed, EC takes on parties over promises
- White House considers sanctions against Ukraine
- Satya Nadella wants Microsoft to think like a startup, get back to innovation roots
- EC to parties: Donât just promise, explain how theyâll be fulfilled
Principal opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) today suspended another MLA, Taneti Vanita, for indulging in "anti-party" activities.
Vanita, MLA from Gopalapuram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, is the second legislator after Praveen Kumar Reddy of Tamballapalli in Chittoor district to be suspended from the party in the last two days.
Praveen had met YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda prison here yesterday. He was then suspended from the TDP. His joining the YSR Congress is now a formality.
The Gopalapuram legislator had recently criticised the TDP leadership for "ignoring" her because she was a Dalit and announced she was ready to quit the Chandrababu Naidu-led party.
With her political mentor and former TDP MLA Krishna Babu joining the YSR Congress, it was expected that Vanita would follow suit. YSR Congress sources said Vanita would join the fledgling outfit on November 4.
Against this backdrop, the TDP issued a statement today announcing suspension of the first-time MLA for "anti-party" activities.
TDP sources said the party might soon press for disqualification of both Praveen and Vanita as legislators for overstepping the party line.