Telugu film and TV personality Suman no more
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Famous Telugu film and TV personality Suman passed away at the age of 45, family sources said today.
Suman, who had been unwell for the last four-five years, was undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital in the city and the end came at 0018 hours last night.
He is survived by wife, a son and daughter.
Suman was the second son of media baron and Eenadu Group Chairman Ramoji Rao.
A multi-faceted personality, Suman excelled as a journalist, writer, lyricist, artist, actor and also as a director.
He was instrumental in popularising the ETV entertainment channel in Telugu when it was launched in 1995.
He had received the state Government's prestigious Nandi Award given to film and TV personalities.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi