Telugu film and TV personality Suman no more
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Famous Telugu film and TV personality Suman passed away at the age of 45, family sources said today.
Suman, who had been unwell for the last four-five years, was undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital in the city and the end came at 0018 hours last night.
He is survived by wife, a son and daughter.
Suman was the second son of media baron and Eenadu Group Chairman Ramoji Rao.
A multi-faceted personality, Suman excelled as a journalist, writer, lyricist, artist, actor and also as a director.
He was instrumental in popularising the ETV entertainment channel in Telugu when it was launched in 1995.
He had received the state Government's prestigious Nandi Award given to film and TV personalities.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Assembly Speaker N Manohar, state Ministers including K Jana Reddy, P Sabita Indra Reddy, Telugu Desam President N Chandrababu Naidu, a number of film personalities and political leaders paid homage to Suman.