Telugu film and TV personality Suman no more
- Malaysian PM says flight lost in Southern Indian Ocean, no chance of survivors
- EC asks Sharad Pawar to explain 'wipe ink..vote twice' remark, defers gas price hike
- Shakti Mills gangrape: Court accepts plea for additional charge against convicts
- Congress 'conspiracy' behind BJP membership cancellation: Pramod Muttalik
- March 24 Elections roundup: Kejriwal thanks EC for deferring gas price hike
Famous Telugu film and TV personality Suman passed away at the age of 45, family sources said today.
Suman, who had been unwell for the last four-five years, was undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital in the city and the end came at 0018 hours last night.
He is survived by wife, a son and daughter.
Suman was the second son of media baron and Eenadu Group Chairman Ramoji Rao.
A multi-faceted personality, Suman excelled as a journalist, writer, lyricist, artist, actor and also as a director.
He was instrumental in popularising the ETV entertainment channel in Telugu when it was launched in 1995.
He had received the state Government's prestigious Nandi Award given to film and TV personalities.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Assembly Speaker N Manohar, state Ministers including K Jana Reddy, P Sabita Indra Reddy, Telugu Desam President N Chandrababu Naidu, a number of film personalities and political leaders paid homage to Suman.