Tenders for 2 PGI chemist shops fetch Rs 68 lakh
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
After the recent controversy over the auctioning of chemist shops in the PGIMER, following which the institute had to cancel the process and call fresh tenders, the two shops Thursday fetched a whopping amount in the fresh tendering process. According to sources in PGIMER, the shop at the Advanced Trauma Centre PGIMER which had fetched Rs 24 lakh in the previous auction today fetched the highest bid of Rs 46 lakh, tenders for which were opened on Thursday.
Another chemist shop located in the Medical Emergency of the Nehru Hospital, PGIMER fetched the highest bid of Rs 22 lakh as against a mere Rs 3 lakh fetched last time.
It was in December last when the PGIMER authorities had to cancel the tender process following allegations of a cartel of chemists working after an insider had allegedly tipped them off about the bids sent by various chemists. The chemist then formed a cartel to deliberately lower the rates in the which these two chemist shops which otherwise fetch a very high amount to go for a lower price.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages