Tenders for 2 PGI chemist shops fetch Rs 68 lakh
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
After the recent controversy over the auctioning of chemist shops in the PGIMER, following which the institute had to cancel the process and call fresh tenders, the two shops Thursday fetched a whopping amount in the fresh tendering process. According to sources in PGIMER, the shop at the Advanced Trauma Centre PGIMER which had fetched Rs 24 lakh in the previous auction today fetched the highest bid of Rs 46 lakh, tenders for which were opened on Thursday.
Another chemist shop located in the Medical Emergency of the Nehru Hospital, PGIMER fetched the highest bid of Rs 22 lakh as against a mere Rs 3 lakh fetched last time.
It was in December last when the PGIMER authorities had to cancel the tender process following allegations of a cartel of chemists working after an insider had allegedly tipped them off about the bids sent by various chemists. The chemist then formed a cartel to deliberately lower the rates in the which these two chemist shops which otherwise fetch a very high amount to go for a lower price.
These shops were the most sought after commercial spaces.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer