Tendulkar gains one place in ICC Test batsmen's rankings
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Sachin Tendulkar gained a spot to be at number 11 in the latest ICC rankings for Test batsmen released today.
Tendulkar, with 749 points to his credit, is the lone Indian batsman in the top 20 list, which is headed by West Indies' Shivnarine Chanderpaul.
Sri Lankan Kumar Sangakkara's match-winning unbeaten knock of 199 against Pakistan in the first Test in Galle has helped him vault three places to second in the table.
In the ICC Player Rankings for Test bowlers, India's Zaheer Khan climbed a position to be at 11th spot, while Pragyan Ojha remained static at number 20.
The bowlers' table continued to be headed by South Africa's Dale Steyn with Saeed Ajmal of Pakistan and England's James Anderson in second and third positions, respectively.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh's Shakib Al Hasan tops the ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders chart, with Jacques Kallis of South Africa in the second spot.