Tension escalates: Pak suspends cross-LoC bus service between PoK, J-K
- Sepp Blatter resigns as FIFA president, says have mandate but not support
- Maggi row: Kerala stops sale in govt shops; Delhi finds samples unsafe
- Was asked to declare Sunanda's death 'natural': AIIMS forensic chief
- India downgrades monsoon forecast, stokes drought fears
- India slams Pak's attempt to camouflage illegal occupation
In yet another setback to cross-LoC travel, Pakistan today decided to suspend 'Paigam-e-Aman' bus service between Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) and Jammu and Kashmir.
There would be no bus service on Monday.
"Pakistan has suspended the cross-LoC bus service between Chakan-Da-Bagh (J and K) and Rawalakote (PoK) for the time being," Trade Facilitation Officer (TFO), Poonch, Abdul Hamid Sheikh said.
"There would be no cross-LoC bus service on Monday," the TFO said, adding, "No time frame was conveyed to us for re-starting the cross-LoC trade and bus service."
Sheikh said that he contacted Director General, Trade and Travel, PoK for clarifying the situation on LoC trade and travel and he conveyed that there was firing going on and in this situation, no travel can be carried out till further orders.
Pakistan Army had yesterday refused to open the gates for allowing cross-LoC trade in Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
25 J and K trucks carrying goods mostly vegetables for traders in PoK were stranded at the checkpoint.