Teri Meri Kahaani
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Cast:Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Prachi Desai, Neha Sharma
Director: Kunal Kohli
Indian Express Ratings:*1/2
Who wants three Shahids and three Priyankas for the price of one ticket? Not me, even though I duly bought mine, and prepared to be regaled three times over by a pair of actors who are capable of good things on their good days.
'Teri Meri Kahaani' is certainly not going to be counted amongst their best, and I'm being kind when I say that. The film doesn't want to take any risks. If you don't like Krish and Radha of the present day as they hang about in pretty English towns, swigging beer in pubs, and exchanging messages on Facebook and blackberries, there is always the 60s Bombay pair, in which she plays film star Ruksar, and he a struggling artist Govind. And if you are really being difficult, you could always go back another fifty years, and arrive in a pre Partition town near Lahore, where Aradhana is a chulbuli Punjaban, and Javed a neer'do well handsome Muslim youth.
Some amount of hard work has gone into re creating the past, though nothing can hide the fact that these are sets and the characters were wearing costumes. But there is not one jot of freshness in either the idea or the execution. So it makes no difference if it is kal aur aaj because the lead pair can conjure up nothing new : Shahid dimples away madly, and smiles his endearing smile; Priyanka does justice to a Mumtaz-style sari, and sounds right in her Punjabi girl with the jootis and the payals and the parandis, but can't help playing up her bee stung lips in all three avatars. Making it all same, same ji.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer