Test cricket is not a stage to learn but to deliver: Gambhir
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
India opener Gautam Gambhir today was critical in the manner that some of the Indian batsmen threw away their wickets reminding them that "Test cricket is not a place to learn but to deliver."
"This stage (Test cricket) is not to learn but to deliver. But I think that we have got a quality side and we have a quality batting line-up. It's just early days," Gambhir said hitting out at the batsmen's poor form.
"I just can't keep talking about inexperienced middle-order. Ultimately, who plays for India has the responsibility and will have to take up responsibilty rather than thinking that I'm really inexperienced and is just seven or 10 Test matches old," Gambhir hit out at some of the younger players in the team.
"When you represent your country, you got to go out there and deliver. For me, whenever you represent your country, you have got to deliver."
The left-hander said he along with Tendulkar had a fine start but they should have converted it into a big one.
"Someone has to put his hands up as well. It's a good series when you play against quality opposition. That's where you tested. That's where you're thrown into the deep end of the pool."
Gambhir said that save Pujara who has already scored two centuries, others haven't been able to score consistently.
"We have got quality in the batting line-up. It's just that we have not batted well. Except Pujara, we have not been able to put big runs consistently."
"Someone like me or Sachin should have got big runs. If you don't convert your good starts, your team is under pressure and if you make a good start, the opposition is under pressure."
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling