Testosterone, needles found in Pistorius' room
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
Defense attorney Barry Roux asked Botha if Steenkamp's body showed "any pattern of defensive wounds," and the detective said it did not.
Hilton said the shots were fired from 1.5 meters (five feet), and that police found three spent cartridges in the bathroom and one in the hallway connecting the bathroom to the bedroom.
Police also found two iPhones in the bathroom and two BlackBerrys in the bedroom, Hilton said, adding that none had been used to phone for help. Pistorius had said that he called the manager of his guarded and gated housing complex and a private paramedic service.
Roux said Pistorius did make calls, including to the guards of the housing estate. In one case, he said, a guard could hear Pistorius crying. "Was it part of his premeditated plan, not to switch off the phone and cry?" Roux asked sarcastically.
Botha said Pistorius did not have a license for a 0.38-caliber weapon and consequently his possession of ammunition for such a weapon was illegal.
The detective said that all Pistorius would say after the shooting was "he thought it was a burglar". In an additional revelation Wednesday, police said they found two boxes of testosterone and needles in the Pistorius' bedroom.
But Roux said the substance was a "herbal remedy", and not a steroid or a banned substance. Imray reported from Johannesburg, from which Associated Press writer Michelle Faul contributed to this report.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit