Thackeray press box at Wankhede: MCA chief to meet Uddhav
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) president Ravi Savant will meet Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray to seek consent to name the press box at Wankhede Stadium after his father, the late Bal Thackeray. The MCA managing committee okayed the naming at a meeting Tuesday. "The MCA president will talk to the family of Bal Thackeray. We will go ahead only after its consent," MCA joint secretary P V Shetty said. MCA is also considering naming its plush facility at Bandra-Kurla Complex after Thackeray, instead of the press box. "MCA does not have a problem naming the press box after Thackeray. But considering his work, giving a bigger place his name has been proposed," a managing committee member said. Last week, Milind Narvekar, personal secretary to Uddhav and a representative of New Hindu Cricket Club, wrote to MCA seeking to know the progress on the issue.