Thane builder survives bid on life
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A Nallasopara-based builder survived a murder attack by a group of four persons in broad daylight here, rural police said today.
Builder Sudhakar Virendra Singh was attacked last evening when he was returning home in his car, API Shirish Dighavkar of the Nalla Sopara police station said. The assailants smashed the rear of his vehicle and opened fire on him, police said. As per Singh's police complaint, the accused fired a couple of rounds but he managed to duck the bullets and escaped unhurt. Soon after, the assailants fled the spot. Singh is into construction business and had recently detached himself from others in the group to start on his own. Police suspect that this could have been the reason behind the attempt to kill him. The Nalla Sopara police have registered a case against the four accused, who have been named by the builder in his complaint. However, no arrests have been made so far.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today