Thane builder survives bid on life
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A Nallasopara-based builder survived a murder attack by a group of four persons in broad daylight here, rural police said today.
Builder Sudhakar Virendra Singh was attacked last evening when he was returning home in his car, API Shirish Dighavkar of the Nalla Sopara police station said. The assailants smashed the rear of his vehicle and opened fire on him, police said. As per Singh's police complaint, the accused fired a couple of rounds but he managed to duck the bullets and escaped unhurt. Soon after, the assailants fled the spot. Singh is into construction business and had recently detached himself from others in the group to start on his own. Police suspect that this could have been the reason behind the attempt to kill him. The Nalla Sopara police have registered a case against the four accused, who have been named by the builder in his complaint. However, no arrests have been made so far.