Thane builder survives bid on life
- Vasundhara Raje admits signing UK papers for Lalit Modi
- Beheading, explosion at factory in France; suspects captured
- US Supreme Court legalises same-sex marriage nationwide
- Sri Lanka President Maithripala Sirisena dissolves parliament eight months before elections
- 5 children dead, 11 injured after tree falls on school bus in Kerala
A Nallasopara-based builder survived a murder attack by a group of four persons in broad daylight here, rural police said today.
Builder Sudhakar Virendra Singh was attacked last evening when he was returning home in his car, API Shirish Dighavkar of the Nalla Sopara police station said. The assailants smashed the rear of his vehicle and opened fire on him, police said. As per Singh's police complaint, the accused fired a couple of rounds but he managed to duck the bullets and escaped unhurt. Soon after, the assailants fled the spot. Singh is into construction business and had recently detached himself from others in the group to start on his own. Police suspect that this could have been the reason behind the attempt to kill him. The Nalla Sopara police have registered a case against the four accused, who have been named by the builder in his complaint. However, no arrests have been made so far.