Thane builder survives bid on life
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
A Nallasopara-based builder survived a murder attack by a group of four persons in broad daylight here, rural police said today.
Builder Sudhakar Virendra Singh was attacked last evening when he was returning home in his car, API Shirish Dighavkar of the Nalla Sopara police station said. The assailants smashed the rear of his vehicle and opened fire on him, police said. As per Singh's police complaint, the accused fired a couple of rounds but he managed to duck the bullets and escaped unhurt. Soon after, the assailants fled the spot. Singh is into construction business and had recently detached himself from others in the group to start on his own. Police suspect that this could have been the reason behind the attempt to kill him. The Nalla Sopara police have registered a case against the four accused, who have been named by the builder in his complaint. However, no arrests have been made so far.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer