Thane: Shiv Sena member molests party leader's wife, arrested
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A local Shiv Sena leader has been arrested, along with two of his aides, for allegedly ransacking the house of another party leader and molesting his wife, police said.
According to police, deputy shakha pramukh Kailas Songade was apprehended on the complaint of wife of the shakha pramukh that he, along with others, forcibly entered their house and ransacked it on Monday night.
Two others arrested by police are identified as Sharad Kamble and Devendra Galve whereas two others Narayan More and Suresh Shinde are at large, police said.
"Based on the complaint filed with us today, we have booked the trio under various sections of IPC including section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty)," said Vartak Nagar police station senior inspector N S Bangale.
The alleged incident took place when the shakha pramukh concerned was not present at his house.
According to the complainant, the accused gate-crashed into the house, assaulted the family members and molested her.
Unconfirmed reports said the attack could be a fallout of the complaint filed by the shakha pramukh's wife against some anti-social elements for burning down her car recently.
Police said they were also investigating whether the shakha pramukh's objection to alleged encroachment on a government plot reserved for a school was the trigger behind the incident.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express