Thatís Reel Life
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
It was supposed to be "grand, engaging, mesmerising and very filmi". Madhubala Ė Ek Ishq Ek Junoon on Colors started off with a big bang, with all the works ó Vivian Dsena riding high on the industry's legendary initials of a superstar, RK, and Drashti Dhami as the simple girl destined to make it big on the celluloid. It was a love story that was supposed to capture the behind-the-scenes of tinsel town and the lives of its leading men and women. Today, although it is hitting a top ranking and Dhami has been voted as the most beautiful female television actor, the show is just another love story.
"Yes and no," says Dsena. An engineering graduate-turned Gladrags model-turned actor, Dsena adds, "The show is not a saas-bahu saga, it has its elements, various characters and these two main characters." He says he improvises on the sets, works on the dialogues and is pretty satisfied with the content and the way the makers are taking the show ahead. "The show, how it will pan out and how long will it run is the production's call," he says. Dhami agrees. Playing a strong-willed girl who works hard and speaks her mind, Dhami relates a lot to the character of Madhubala. "I am a lot like her," she says.
Dsena says he doesn't have an ambitious to turn to Bollywood. "Also, no one has approached me for films yet. I am an out-of-the-blue actor who has never been the first choice for television serials either. In both the serials where I play the lead, the supernatural show Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahani on Star One and now Madhubala, other actors were finalised and I was called in the last minute to replace them," says the actor, who played the dark vampire, Abhay Raichand, in the Hindi version of Twilight.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment