The battle between Suraj Pancholi's Hero and Tiger Shroff's Heropanti intensifies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Director Subhash Ghai refused to part with the title Hero for Jackie Shroff's son Tiger's launch as a leading man in producer Sajid Nadiadwala's film.
Sajid's film had to be titled Heropanti, though both Sajid and Jackie keenly wanted Hero.
But producer Sajid Nadiadwala has taken the rights of the legendary flute theme from Subhash Ghai's Hero, leaving Salman Khan who is producing the remake of Hero with Sooraj Pancholi, high and dry.
Salman Khan is of the view that Hero remake will lose its sheen without the flute music.
"Salman Khan was very keen to get the songs and music of the original Hero from Subhash Ghai. But while selling the remake rights of the film to Salman Khan, Ghai revealed that the rights of all the songs and music composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal for Hero are with Saregama-HMV. And Sajid Nadiadwala has already accquired the rights of the flute theme for Hero from Saregama-HMV," says a source close to the Hero remake.
Apparently, it was Jackie Shroff who suggested to Sajid Nadiadwala to acquire the rights for the flute passage.
"Jackie loves the flute music in Hero. The flute was played by Hariprasad Chaurasia. And though Subhash Ghai did not allow Jackie's son's film to get the title Hero, Jackie is thrilled that the flute music that made Jackie a star in Hero would accompany Jackie's son Tiger's debut in Heropanti," says a source close to the Hero remake.
Apparently, director Nikhil Advani whom Salman Khan personally asked to direct Hero is stumped by the idea of directing Hero without the flute music.
Says the source, "Nikhil was very keen on two musical pieces from the original Hero: the flute passage and the song Lambi Judai sung by Reshma. He is dismayed he has lost the flute."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express