The Beatles, Sex Pistols top world's priciest vinyl list
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra
Beatles and Sex Pistols dominate top-10 list of the most expensive vinyl records.
The groups take up nine places in the top 10 list of the most expensive recordings, which is compiled every two years by Record Collector magazine.
Queen are the only act to break up their stranglehold, with a rare version of Bohemian Rhapsody, reported Daily Mail online.
Topping the list for a second year is a unique acetate copy of 'That'll Be The Day/In Spite Of All The Danger' by The Quarry Men - a pre-Beatles group featuring John Lennon, Sir Paul McCartney and George Harrison.
Their 1958 demo recording is valued at 200,000 pounds, while at number two is a 1981 reproduction of the single – on seven-inch and 10-inch vinyl - which goes for a more modest 10,000 pounds.
A vinyl record that stockbroker John Duff Lowe, from Yatton, Somerset, kept at the bottom of a drawer in his home for more than 20 years is today named as the most valuable in the world by industry bible Record Collector.
The magazine places the Pistols' 'God Save The Queen/No Feelings' at number three.
Originally released in 1977, prices appear to have shot up around 60 percent as the Queen celebrates her Diamond Jubilee year, with one copy fetching 12,630 pounds in recent months.
The punk idols are also at number five with the acetate copy of 'Anarchy In The UK,' with 'No Fun' on the B-side, its price estimated at 7,000 pounds. Only three copies are known to exist.
The lower reaches of the top 200 in the magazine show growing prices for UK heavy metal acts such as Iron Maiden, at 189 with a rare brown vinyl 12-inch version of Twilight Zone going for 800 pounds, and Holocaust's Slay That Dragon at 191, valued at a similar amount.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi