THE CHAK DE GIRLS
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Anaitha Nair, 21
On field: Aliya Bose
Position: Right Out
Jersey No. 7
How I was picked: I got third time lucky after missing out on the film's hockey and acting auditions. So it was five months from my first audition in February to my making it to the team last June. I was one of the few with zero hockey experience. I had done English theatre in Bangalore for five years, a Malayalam film, By the People, apart from a brief role in Phir Milenge.
The best and the worst: Getting into the mental discipline of a sportsperson was quite difficult as I've never had even a remote connection with any sport.
SRK moment: Every moment initially. We were so thrilled that he was around though later of course we got used to it.
Next move: My next release is going to be the Nagesh Kukunoor directed Aashaye opposite John Abraham.Chak de means: It's a term of celebration.
On field: Balbir Kaur
Position: Full back
Jersey No. 3
How I was picked: The production team was scouting around colleges in Punjab and found Tania in MCM DAV College in Chandigarh. ''They told me to hit the ball and say a few lines,'' says Tania. She hit it hard and was called to Mumbai for another round of auditions.
The best and the worst: The worst was definitely the alarm going off at 3.30 am and the run for the practise sessions. ''But once there, we had a rocking time. We forgot all about our injuries, bruised ankles, back aches, and just got down to the game.''
SRK moment: The Main Hoon Naa hug he gives everyone on the sets and all of us playing soccer with him.
Next move: Studies—she's in third year college—but who knows it could be films after that!
Chak de means: A milestone in my life.
— Jaskiran Kaur
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy