The dead raise a stink as the helpless living complain
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
Two bodies were allegedly lying nearly 18 hours in the general ward with other patients in Burdwan Medical College and Hospital here today.
The relatives of the patients alleged that two unidentified bodies were lying on the floor of room-3 of Radharani Ward of the hospital after the patients died midnight yesterday.
"The relatives of the patients repeatedly complained to the hospital authorities after the bodies began to stink," Samir Mitra, a relative of a patient, told mediapersons.
The staff of the hospital sprinkled phenyl near the bodies after the relatives raised an alarm, they said.
BMCH authorities said the bodies could not be removed for staff shortage.
"The bodies were lying on the floor for want of staff. It could not be removed for six hours as the patients died at about 12 noon," Superintendent of BMCH Dr Asit Baran Samanta said.
The bodies were finally removed in the evening, officials said.