THE DECENT GUIDE: Five things Aam Aadmi must keep in mind while conducting sting operation
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Now that Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has given an official sanction for stinging those corrupt officials in your area, here are five things you must keep in mind to get the best results.
DECENT PHONE: Phones come in all shapes, sizes and price ranges, but except for the top bracket, most of them have horrible cameras. So make sure you are using one of those phones with cameras that will help you differentiate the victim from the accused. Otherwise the sting will, well, lose its sting.
DECENT LIGHT: Even the best of phone cameras perform horribly if the light is not good. So avoid stings in dark rooms. Use your skills in persuasion, or show the money as bait, to draw the target to a brighter part of the office, or wherever you are conducting the sting.
DECENT LOCATION: So where will you keep the camera? Obviously, you can't do the sting with the camera in your hand. So you could put it in your shirt pocked with the lens peering out. Since you might need to make a hole in the pocket for best results, don't wear your best shirt to the sting. The next best location is to strap the camera to your chest and make a hole where the lens comes. You could also keep it in a bag on the tablet, again with a hole for the camera. Other locations like caps, pant pockets and shoes could lead to awkward situations. This also rules out the use of the phablet, as there is no way you can hide a 6-inch phone in any of these places.
DECENT LANGUAGE: Use your best language while stinging your target, after all you don't want to appear on national television as a foulmouthed whistleblower. Also, make sure you speak clearly so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to deciphering the video in the end. But make sure you are not making it too obvious. A microphone would have been a great accessory, but it would also be a dead giveaway.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express