The Elite Touch
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
With a branch at Kala Ghoda in Mumbai and another at DLF Emporio Mall in New Delhi, luxury fashion store Kitsch has been bringing top fashion lines such as Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen andYves Saint Laurent (YSL) to fashion-conscious Indians in the country. The fashion retail store serves a glittering clientele comprising celebrities such as Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone and Sonakshi Sinha.
This month, with the launch of its new branch at Koregaon Park Plaza, Kitsch brings its collection of high fashion to Pune. Situated on the ground floor of the mall, the store has a clean and non-fussy display that says straight away – for the discerning customer. The linear arrangement of the store draws the eye in, straight to the a display of bags, wallets and other accessories. The men's accessories section includes belts, wallets and tie pins by fashion houses such as Halston and Moschino and the women's section displays wallets and bags by Celine, Marc Jacobs, YSL and even a bronzed Greek god of a bag by Alexander McQueen.
The store's décor is white with a touch of black; it is quietly chic and doesn't distract you from the purpose of your visit – to shop. Instead, the simple colour code used complements the products and makes their colours and cuts pop. In the centre of the room lies a circular seating arrangement circling a large coffee table- again, white. Seated here, customers can easily look across to any section in the shop or just relax and flip through the catalogues kept on the table.
The store has an overwhelmingly serious approach to fashion and doesn't spare too much thought on anything else. Which is why, the trial room can take one completely by surprise. While the rest of the store is done up with understated class, the trial room could easily belong in a fairy tale. The flooring is completely golden, as is the upholstery on the one armchair in the enormous room and all this glitter only gets magnified by the wall-length mirrors lining the room.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed