The feeling of winning the National Award yet to sink in: Sujoy Ghosh
- Lok Sabha polls: Ram Vilas Paswan returns to NDA as BJP-LJP agree on seat-sharing
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- BJP, AAP and NCP release candidates list for general elections
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Director Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani which won national awards in different categories today says, he now feels the responsibility and may make a sequel to the suspense thriller only if there is a good story line.
Sujoy won the award for Best Original Screenplay for Kahaani that was announced today. Best Editing award went to Namrata Rao for the same film, while a special jury award was given to actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
"I am very much happy winning the award. It is a huge honour. I am still trying to absorb that we have won the award.
The feeling is yet to sink in," Sujoy told PTI.
"Now I feel there is more responsibility on me as a director. Somebody is putting trust and responsibility on you and I will continue to give my best and work hard," he said.
Vidya Balan starrer Kahaani has swept several awards earlier across various categories.
"I had not expected that we could get national award for the film. As this time the competition was quite tough...there were lot of other good films made last year. We did not hope to win it," Sujoy said.
In the film, Vidya played the role of a a seven-month pregnant woman who came to Kolkata from London in search of her missing husband. With nothing to rely on except fragments from her memories about him, it is a story of a lone woman's relentless struggle in an unknown city.
Immediately after the resounding success of Kahaani, word spread around that Sujoy was mulling making a sequel to the film.
"Now Kahaani 2 has to be a huge...big film. And I will make it only when we have a really good script in place. Till we are not sure and satisfied about the storyline we will not go ahead," Sujoy said.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight