The feeling of winning the National Award yet to sink in: Sujoy Ghosh
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
Director Sujoy Ghosh's Kahaani which won national awards in different categories today says, he now feels the responsibility and may make a sequel to the suspense thriller only if there is a good story line.
Sujoy won the award for Best Original Screenplay for Kahaani that was announced today. Best Editing award went to Namrata Rao for the same film, while a special jury award was given to actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
"I am very much happy winning the award. It is a huge honour. I am still trying to absorb that we have won the award.
The feeling is yet to sink in," Sujoy told PTI.
"Now I feel there is more responsibility on me as a director. Somebody is putting trust and responsibility on you and I will continue to give my best and work hard," he said.
Vidya Balan starrer Kahaani has swept several awards earlier across various categories.
"I had not expected that we could get national award for the film. As this time the competition was quite tough...there were lot of other good films made last year. We did not hope to win it," Sujoy said.
In the film, Vidya played the role of a a seven-month pregnant woman who came to Kolkata from London in search of her missing husband. With nothing to rely on except fragments from her memories about him, it is a story of a lone woman's relentless struggle in an unknown city.
Immediately after the resounding success of Kahaani, word spread around that Sujoy was mulling making a sequel to the film.
"Now Kahaani 2 has to be a huge...big film. And I will make it only when we have a really good script in place. Till we are not sure and satisfied about the storyline we will not go ahead," Sujoy said.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph