The four characters of 'Badmaash Company' picked from real life
- At least 12 killed, 52 wounded in blasts in northwest Pakistan
- Bharat Bandh hit life in Kerala, West Bengal; no effect in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu
- Four terrorists, one civilian killed in suicide bomb attack on Christian Colony in Peshawar
- Govt will do all it takes to make loan defaulters repay banks: Arun Jaitley
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to embark on two nation tour to Vietnam, China
Not many are aware that Parmeet Sethi, the actor turned director of 'Badmaash Company', wrote its entire script with dialogues in six days flat. Yes, you read it right: Six days only. And the four characters in the film - Karan, Bulbul, Chandu and Zing - are known to Parmeet; they're based on real-life characters.
Anushka Sharma, who has a lot of hopes pinning on 'Badmaash Company', feels that the film would connect big time with the youth of today, who resort to an easy route to attain name, fame and riches overnight. "That's what attracted me to the film. Honestly, I wasn't even aware that Parmeet had written the script and was supposed to direct it, since Adi [Aditya Chopra] just asked me to go through it. It was much later, when I read the script and expressed my eagerness to be a part of the film, that Adi revealed the director's identity," Anushka tells me.
Parmeet reveals that he got tired of television and was keen on pursuing film direction. "There's a little of me in each of those four characters," Parmeet says, who approached Yash Raj with his script the moment he was ready. The fact that Adi liked it and signed a 3-film deal with Parmeet, says it all.
- Society needs both dharma in the sense Tarun Sagar ji used the term, and politics
- Gender neutral leave will not bias employers against hiring women
- The canonisation of Mother Teresa is a moment to celebrate her unbounded compassion
- AAP ka school: Delhi government is trying to mend an education system
- It’s a different Middle East, but Modi and Sisi need to reclaim the legacy of Nehru and Nasser
- Haji Ali will be reference point for similar cases involving rights of Muslim women