The girl who died strung on the Bangla border fence may finally get justice
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Speaking over the phone from Bangladesh, Islam recalled that he was taking Felani to Bangladesh so that she could meet a youth from their native Kurigram district that he had chosen for her to marry. The engagement was to take place the next day. Felani, who was born in Bongaigaon in Assam, adjacent to Cooch Behar district, to illegal immigrant parents, had been to Bangladesh only twice but reportedly wanted to marry and settle there.