- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Union Minister Pawan Bansal who is the local MP was given charge of Railways Ministry.
The detailed project report for Metro Rail was submitted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
Funds for purchase of 98 new buses by Chandigarh Transport Undertaking was approved.
Duronto Express between Chandigarh and Amritsar was converted into Superfast Express after demand for the same was raised by people.
Airlines started additional flights to and from the Chandigarh. Some new airlines also started operations.
Proposals approved for the Railway Station including installation of escalators, extension of foot overbridge, etc.
Trains connecting Chandigarh with Mumbai were flagged off.
An afternoon Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi announced.
Unauthorized autorickshaws continue to ply on the city roads.
There is a lack of check on overcharging by autorickshaws.
CTU buses remain off roads due to dispute with State Transport Authority over passing of buses without insurance.
Proposal for Bus Rapid Transport system hangs fire.