- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: DD steady but slow
Union Minister Pawan Bansal who is the local MP was given charge of Railways Ministry.
The detailed project report for Metro Rail was submitted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
Funds for purchase of 98 new buses by Chandigarh Transport Undertaking was approved.
Duronto Express between Chandigarh and Amritsar was converted into Superfast Express after demand for the same was raised by people.
Airlines started additional flights to and from the Chandigarh. Some new airlines also started operations.
Proposals approved for the Railway Station including installation of escalators, extension of foot overbridge, etc.
Trains connecting Chandigarh with Mumbai were flagged off.
An afternoon Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi announced.
Unauthorized autorickshaws continue to ply on the city roads.
There is a lack of check on overcharging by autorickshaws.
CTU buses remain off roads due to dispute with State Transport Authority over passing of buses without insurance.
Proposal for Bus Rapid Transport system hangs fire.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18