- 'Narendra Modi's bad cop': The Amit Shah you didn’t know
- Hollande in India: Counter-terrorism, space, energy on the table
- Pathankot attack: India has given fresh evidence, we will verify it, says Nawaz Sharif
- Tamil Nadu: Three suicides over fees but no rooms, teachers in medical college
- If I see a wall, I will scale it or if needed, break it: Tassaduq Hussain Mufti
Union Minister Pawan Bansal who is the local MP was given charge of Railways Ministry.
The detailed project report for Metro Rail was submitted by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
Funds for purchase of 98 new buses by Chandigarh Transport Undertaking was approved.
Duronto Express between Chandigarh and Amritsar was converted into Superfast Express after demand for the same was raised by people.
Airlines started additional flights to and from the Chandigarh. Some new airlines also started operations.
Proposals approved for the Railway Station including installation of escalators, extension of foot overbridge, etc.
Trains connecting Chandigarh with Mumbai were flagged off.
An afternoon Shatabdi between Chandigarh and Delhi announced.
Unauthorized autorickshaws continue to ply on the city roads.
There is a lack of check on overcharging by autorickshaws.
CTU buses remain off roads due to dispute with State Transport Authority over passing of buses without insurance.
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'