The Idiot Box Gets Smart
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Enhance your television experience through interactive gadgets.
This is ideal for video-calling through Skype. It has two microphones and a unique lens cover that protects your privacy. The camera draws power from a TV's USB port.
It works with Samsung models only.
How often has it happened that you have to switch off the television or turn down the volume because children are studying for exams or parents are resting? Here's a device that can set right your entertainment woes. The Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer looks like a gadget right out of a sci-fi movie. It's ideal for those who want complete, exclusive entertainment without disturbing others in the room. T2 lets you immerse yourself in your favourite soap, movie, and gaming with maximum comfort. It's easy to be oblivious of your surroundings once you wear the gadget.
The head-mounted unit has two adjustable OLED screens. The twin 720p HD OLED panels simulate a theatre-like experience. The visors are individual displays which can be moved horizontally to get the best image, much like adjusting the lenses on a pair of spectacles. While the panels are really close to the eyes, images on the screen appear to be floating at a distance. Viewing in 3D is comfortable since the visors project adequate depth. When objects on this screen move away from or towards the camera, T2 manages to display them well.
Sony's 5.1 surround sound provides a good movie watching experience. T2 comes with a standard 3.5mm audio jack, which means it is compatible with most headphones.
The key to comfortable viewing is to strap the head-mount correctly. Adjust the straps for a good fit. The best view is guaranteed when its headpad — a curved cushion — rests on your forehead. The pad may slip if not strapped properly, hampering optimum view. If you have a sweaty forehead, you may have trouble wearing the T2. The device can also be worn over spectacles. Expect interference from sources of light unless you use the shield supplied with the product. T2 comes with an HDMI cable and a splitter to help you connect it to devices such as TVs, DVD/Blu-ray players and consoles. At Rs 69,990, the Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer is a good choice for an immersive viewing experience.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today