The Indian Express gets ‘Best in Social Media’ award at WAN-IFRA
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
The Indian Express has won the gold medal at the WAN-IFRA Asian Digital Media Awards, 2012 in 'The Best in Social Media' category. The award ceremony was held in Kuala Lumpur today. The award was received by Anant Goenka, Head-New Media, The Indian Express.
WAN-IFRA, or the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers, is a global organisation representing more than 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries, states the organisation's website. It holds awards every year in the following categories: online media, online video, social media, mobile media, cross media, online infographics and tablet publishing.
NDTV Ltd, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd and Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd were awarded the silver medals in the 'Social Media' category, with P T Riau Media Grafika winning bronze. 'Social Media' was the most heavily contested category, WAN-IFRA officials said.
Singapore Press Holdings Ltd got the gold for 'Newspaper Website' and 'Mobile Media' categories, Star Publications (Malaysia) Bhd got gold for 'Cross Media Advertising', South China Morning Post Publishers Ltd for 'Online Video' and 'Magazine Website' and NDTV Ltd for 'Tablet Publishing'.
WAN-IFRA was created in July 2009 with the merger of the World Association of Newspapers and IFRA, the research and service organisation for the news publishing industry.