the latest: Prisoner on parole caught with sedatives, drugs
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Ludhiana:Iqbal Singh from Sahibana village and a murder convict in Central jail, after returning from parole on Friday, was caught with 4,000 sedative pills, 500 gm Tobacco and fake currency of Rs 2,000. A fresh case against him has been registered in police station division number 7 under section 22/61/85 of NDPS act.
NGO dupes govt of Rs 10 lakh grant
Ludhiana:A self-styled NGO — International Union for Health Promotion and Education Punjab duped the department of social security and child development of Rs 10 lakh grant which was issued to the NGO in 2010-11 for organising health camps in villages. The NGO never organised such camps. Police officials have booked the NGO who had their office in Himmat Singh Nagar.