the latest: Prisoner on parole caught with sedatives, drugs
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
Ludhiana:Iqbal Singh from Sahibana village and a murder convict in Central jail, after returning from parole on Friday, was caught with 4,000 sedative pills, 500 gm Tobacco and fake currency of Rs 2,000. A fresh case against him has been registered in police station division number 7 under section 22/61/85 of NDPS act.
NGO dupes govt of Rs 10 lakh grant
Ludhiana:A self-styled NGO — International Union for Health Promotion and Education Punjab duped the department of social security and child development of Rs 10 lakh grant which was issued to the NGO in 2010-11 for organising health camps in villages. The NGO never organised such camps. Police officials have booked the NGO who had their office in Himmat Singh Nagar.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)