The Latest: Sales tax official caught taking Rs 25-lakh bribe
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
AHMEDABAD: The Anti-Corruption Bureau caught a sales tax official who was allegedly trying to escape with a bribe of Rs 25 lakh in Ahmedabad on Saturday evening. The official had allegedly demanded the bribe from a factory owner to "settle" his value added tax dues. He was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Vadodara lawyers call off strike
VADODARA: The lawyers of Vadodara district and sessions court on Saturday called off their five-day long strike over alleged misbehaviour of judges with advocates and uncleanliness in the court premises. This came after Justice Kalpesh Jhaveri of the Gujarat High Court assured them of calling a meeting of the judges to resolve issues late on Saturday evening. Baroda Bar Association (BBA) president Nalin Patel said they would resume works from Monday.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress