- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
SAD demands visa-free corridor to Kartarpur Sahib
Jalandhar:An Akali Dal leader Fridau reiterated party's demand for opening of a visa-free corridor from Indian side to gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan. "Keeping in mind the sentiments of Sikhs, I demand that both the Indian and Pakistani governments declare the road to Kartarpur Sahib a visa-free corridor," SAD leader Kuldeep Singh Vadala said. He said a large number of pilgrims cannot pay obeisance due to visa issues despite the shrine being just 3 km from the international border.
Cardboard factory reduced to ashes
Jalandhar:An early morning fire reduced to ashes a cardboard factory situated in the Leather Complex in Jalandhar on Saturday. Harish Kumar, owner of the factory, said a worker called him at 6 am saying that smoke was emanating from the factory. More than two dozen fire tenders worked for over five hours to douse the fire. The cause of the fire could not be ascertained.
Farmers welcome SC ruling on GM crops
Chandigarh:The decision of the SC to refuse an interim ban on field trials of Genetically Modified crops has been welcomed by Punjab farmers. Padma Shri awardee Dr Jagjit Singh of Hara Farmer Punjab said: "If farmers need new biotechnologies to feed the nation, perhaps it is time to bring in these technologies, which can increase yield and reduce pesticide usage."
4 booked for illegal mining, 2 arrested
Mukerian (Hoshiarpur):A team of mining and police officials led by Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Mukerian, caught two persons red-handed while excavating gravel from an agricultural land in Attalgarh village, late on Friday night. The JCB driver Raj Kumar and the driver of the truck-tipper Danish Masih were caught on the spot while a case has been registered against the owner of the heavy vehicles Romas Masih and land owner Satwinder Singh.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today