- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Yuvraj, Kohli power RCB to thumping win
Shopkeepers fined for selling tobacco
Nahan:A team from the health department raided the industrial area of Kala-Amb to check those smoking in public places and challanded 12 shopkeepers for selling tobacco products. Health officer (Sirmaur) S M Ali said a fine of Rs 1,600 was slapped on the violators including those found smoking in public places.
World's oldest runner felicitated
Singapore:Marathon legend, 101-year-old Fauja Singh was felicitated on Saturday by Singapore's Sikh community for his unparallelled sporting achievement of being the world's oldest marathoner. Singh, who is in Singapore to participate in the Standard Chartered Bank's marathon tomorrow, was invited by Singapore Sports Council. "I appeal to Sikh brothers, sisters, boys and girls to take part in sports and stay away from intoxicants. Take care of your health," he said at the event.