- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
One arrest in fake licence case
Chandigarh:The Crime Branch of Chandigarh Police arrested Sheetal Prashad of Attawa village, Chandigarh, in a fake driving license case on Saturday. A case has been registered at sector 36 police station and the investigation is on.
Cyclist dies in road accident
Chandigarh:One person died after he was hit by a car while riding a cycle in the city on Friday. Identified as Harday Lal, a resident of Ramdarbar in Chandigarh, the victims was hit at the dividing road between sector 7 and 8. Police said that Lal was injured near the petrol pump and was admitted to PGI where doctors declared him brought dead. The identity of the driver has not been established. A case has been registered at Sector 26 police station.
Cheating case lodged against firm
Chandigarh:Police, on Saturday, registered a case into a complaint alleging that a company failed to book tickets and did not return the money to one Ashok Kamaria of sector-21-D, Chandigarh, after payments were made. A case under section 420,120-B IPC was registered at Sector 34 police station against Indigo Canadian company enterpriser. The company was paid a cheque of Rs 1,06,000 by the complainant to book two tickets from Sydney to Delhi.
Two-month-old foetus found
Chandigarh:Police have registered a case under Section 318 of the IPC after a two-month-old foetus was recovered near Sector 49, Chandigarh. The incident happened on Friday.
State Bank of Patiala launches new policy
Chandigarh:State bank of Patiala has launched a group personal accident insurance policy in association with SBI General Insurance Company, for its Saving Bank account holders. Under this policy, death cover of Rs 4 lakh will be available with nominal premium payment of Rs 100. The cover is available to all permanent Indian residents aged between 18 year to 65 years having SB account with SBP; except personnel in police, army, paramilitary etc. The coverage is restricted to death on account of accident only.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held