- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Quarantine issues over Pak sand settled
AMRITSAR:Nearly a month after its import, sand from Pakistan has been given the go ahead for clearance from Attari Integrated Check Post by the Customs department and declared a free import commodity. Due to quarantine issues, the sand was not allowed for clearance to Punjab suppliers who had imported the sand owing to skyrocketing prices of sand in the state.Punjab triggered by ban on sand mining.
'Why keep mum over ill-manners?'
JALANDHAR:Mahila Cong VP Nimisha Mehta asked SAD MP Harsimrat Badal why she was silent over the ill-mannered
behaviour of her husband (Sukhbir Badal) and brother (Bikram Singh Majithia).
Badal had asked a woman journalist to repeat an abuse hurled by Majithia. "On the one hand she has been taking up a cause related to females under the banner of 'Nanhi Chhan' but now she is altogether mum, said Mehta.