- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Quarantine issues over Pak sand settled
AMRITSAR:Nearly a month after its import, sand from Pakistan has been given the go ahead for clearance from Attari Integrated Check Post by the Customs department and declared a free import commodity. Due to quarantine issues, the sand was not allowed for clearance to Punjab suppliers who had imported the sand owing to skyrocketing prices of sand in the state.Punjab triggered by ban on sand mining.
'Why keep mum over ill-manners?'
JALANDHAR:Mahila Cong VP Nimisha Mehta asked SAD MP Harsimrat Badal why she was silent over the ill-mannered
behaviour of her husband (Sukhbir Badal) and brother (Bikram Singh Majithia).
Badal had asked a woman journalist to repeat an abuse hurled by Majithia. "On the one hand she has been taking up a cause related to females under the banner of 'Nanhi Chhan' but now she is altogether mum, said Mehta.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18