- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Quarantine issues over Pak sand settled
AMRITSAR:Nearly a month after its import, sand from Pakistan has been given the go ahead for clearance from Attari Integrated Check Post by the Customs department and declared a free import commodity. Due to quarantine issues, the sand was not allowed for clearance to Punjab suppliers who had imported the sand owing to skyrocketing prices of sand in the state.Punjab triggered by ban on sand mining.
'Why keep mum over ill-manners?'
JALANDHAR:Mahila Cong VP Nimisha Mehta asked SAD MP Harsimrat Badal why she was silent over the ill-mannered
behaviour of her husband (Sukhbir Badal) and brother (Bikram Singh Majithia).
Badal had asked a woman journalist to repeat an abuse hurled by Majithia. "On the one hand she has been taking up a cause related to females under the banner of 'Nanhi Chhan' but now she is altogether mum, said Mehta.