- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
All accused in minor gangrape held
Jalandhar:Two days after a 14-year-old girl in Jalandhar alleged that she was gangraped, the police claimed to have arrested all the three accused - all distant relatives of the victim. SSP (Jalandhar rural) Yurinder Singh have booked and arrested Sher Singh (30), his younger brother Charanjit Singh (22) and Balwinder Singh (25) for kidnapping and raping the girl and for criminal intimidation. He said further investigation in the case is on.
'Control pollutant flow in Ghaggar'
Chandigarh:Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal asked his Haryana counterpart Bhupinder Singh Hooda to take immediate steps for controlling the discharge of pollutants into the Ghaggar River. In a letter, Badal informed Hooda that the wastewater of Ambala, Shahbad Markanda and about 100 villages of Haryana was being discharged into the river. Seeking Hooda's personal intervention to make Ghaggar pollution-free, Badal said the matter had already been brought to the notice of both the Haryana State Pollution Control Board and the Central Pollution Control Board.
Rifle body president polls on February 15
Ludhiana:The Punjab Rifle Shooting Association's (PRSA) working committee members on Saturday expelled their president Gurbir Singh Sandhu and stated that election will be held for the post at Mohali on February 15. The committee members alleged that Sandhu had misused his powers by expelling Guru-Har-Sahai MLA and senior vice-president of the association Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi and secretary general Raja KS Sidhu from their posts without consulting anyone. He can issue only a show cause notice and cannot expel anyone, only working committee can do so, alleged Sodhi. The decision was taken after a meeting on Saturday.
25-year-old killed in Jhajjar
Rohtak:A 25-year-old vegetable seller was gunned down by a group of unidentified persons in Yadav colony of Jhajjar district, about 40 kms from here, police said Saturday. Gajraj, a resident of Sunder Nagar area in Jhajjar, was shot dead near Silani Gate while he was returning home last evening, SHO Jhajjar Sombir Singh said. The motive behind the crime was yet to be ascertained, he said.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in large¬†numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, says¬†Rahul
- ‚ÄėModi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude‚Ä¶ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for this¬†country‚Äô
- ‚ÄėNarmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canals‚Äô | The Indian Express