The liberal DNA
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
This list is incomplete and abstract. But most mistakes in practical politics have their origin in confusion over abstract ideas. Is this kind of liberalism possible in India? Our politics might make you despondent about its prospects. But perhaps here, as elsewhere, our politics is out of touch with what is struggling to emerge from below. Let the Liberal Republic emerge.
The writer, president of the Centre for Policy Research, is contributing editor, 'The Indian Express' email@example.com