The many Aamir Khans that maketh the Man
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The latest edition of Express Adda, presented by Reid & Taylor in association with IIFL and Olive Bar & Kitchen, held in Mumbai's Bandra last week, witnessed Bollywood's super successful and uber accomplished actor, producer and director Aamir Khan reveal the many sides of his personality. During a conversation with a select audience, moderated by Shekhar Gupta, Editor-in-Chief, The Express Group, and Priyanka Sinha Jha, Editor, Screen, Khan spoke about the fear of failure that drives him, why his eyes welled up in each episode of his television chat show, Satyamev Jayate, and said he isn't actually averse to attending award ceremonies. Excerpts:
Actor, producer & activist
The responsibility of a creative person is not just to entertain or engage the audience, but also to bring grace to society, build the social fabric and inculcate values in people. A creative person — whether in painting, poetry, acting or dance — brings all this to society. He makes people ponder over issues and makes them more sensitive towards them.
The Fear of failure
I love my work very much and every time I take on an endeavour, I have to live with the fear of it going wrong or failing. But this fear keeps me alert; it keeps me going. And I don't allow it to change my bold decisions. It's a thin line. Fear can be useful but too much of it can upset the apple cart.
Kiran, the influence
Kiran (Rao, wife) has contributed a huge deal to me — to my personality and to my very fabric. I am much more relaxed ever since she has come into my life. But she hasn't affected my choice of films. Often she hasn't liked what I've selected, but changes her mind once she watches the film. For instance, she didn't like the script of Rang De Basanti, although she liked the film later.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express